I love pulled pork, but a pork loin smoked just to the point of being done is awesome, and perfect for slicing up for sandwiches! With only a light rub, and still tender and juicy, this makes a great sandwich.
Plus, preparing the pork loin like this can be done in only 3 to 4 hours. Much quicker than preparing pulled pork at about 10 hours.
Give this recipe a try, slice it up, and make yourself a sandwich to remember!
Tender and Juicy Smoked Pork Loin For Sandwiches
- 1 full, (or smaller portion) pork loin
- ½ cup onion powder
- ½ cup ground cinnamon
- ½ cup salt
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- ¼ cup ground ginger
- ¼ cup black pepper
- Rinse and remove all of the fat cap from the tenderloin.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the spice rub ingredients together and thoroughly coat the entire surface of the pork loin with a light coating of the rub. Set aside at room temperature while you prepare your smoker.
- Prepare your smoker, and stabilize the temperature at about 250° F. (I used mostly pecan wood and 1 chunk of mesquite wood for this cook). Place the tenderloin directly on the rack and cook for 1 hour, maintaining the 250° F temperature.
- After 1 hour, turn the tenderloin over and continue cooking.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 140° F, remove the pork loin from the smoker and quickly wrap it tightly in aluminum foil. insert the probe back into the loin and continue cooking until the internal temperature of the tenderloin reaches 157° F. This should take a total of about 3 hours to achieve. Note - Once wrapped, it will reach the final temperature fairly quickly!
- Remove the tenderloin from the smoker and let it rest inside the foil for 30 to 60 minutes before slicing.