I decided to try a new marinade for salmon on the smoker. I usually use my wife’s favorite marinade; Maple & Spice Salmon Marinade, but decided to change the flavors to a bit more on the Asian side, but still sweet.
I love Chinese Five Spice, and by adding an extra 1/2 teaspoon of ginger and cinnamon, I’m just mixing the Five Spice up a bit and accentuating my favorite flavors of the Five Spice mix.
I used this on a pork roast also, and man o’ man was that delicious!
Sweet Salmon or Pork Marinade
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. This is long enough to warm the honey, and also help dissolve the ground spices, but not heat it up too much to unsafely add to the fish.
- Place the salmon or pork roast into a plastic bag. Pour the marinade into the bag, seal it up and place the bag inside of a plastic container in case of leakage. Marinade for no more than 8 hours, or overnight.