I would love to take credit for this recipe, but that would be dishonest. This was based almost completely on the McCormick’s Grill Mates Marinade, only with a few changes by my wife. (No, this is not a paid post!)
I can definitely say though that this turned very tasty. My wife didn’t care too much for it, but I sure did. So give it a try and see what you think!
Note: The changes my wife made was using canola oil for the oil called out, and she added 3 tablespoons of honey.
Smoked Mojito Lime Salmon
- 2 lbs. salmon fillets
- 1 envelope Grill Mates Mojito Lime Marinade mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and place them into a plastic bag.
- Follow the instructions for mixing the marinade, and also add in the honey. Pour the marinade into the plastic bag with the salmon fillets. Seal it up with a twist tie and place into the refrigerator inside a container in case of leakage. Marinate for 8 hours.
- Prepare your smoker and get it stabilized at about 250° F. I used pecan wood for this cook.
- Once stabilized, pour off and discard the the excess marinade and place the salmon on aluminum foil in the smoker.
- Smoke for about 30 to 40 minutes. No need to flip the salmon. The salmon should be at an internal temperature of about 135° to 140° F to be fully cooked.