My wife has made this same recipe for years now. It’s always a hit at parties. In fact, not only does she always gets asked to make it again, but someone always asks her for the recipe.
So, give this a try, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups corn chex
- 2 cups rice chex
- 2 cups wheat chex
- 2 cups cheerios
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I only use peanuts and cashews)
- 1 cup pretzel sticks (can be omitted)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat butter in large shallow roasting pan
- in oven until melted. Remove.
- Stir in seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce. Add cereal and nuts. Mix until all pieces are coated.
- Heat in oven 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. If you are adding the pretzels, do
- so after a half hour has passed.
- Spread on absorbent paper (brown paper bag works great) to cool.
- NOTE: Party mix may be frozen, so make a double batch. Thaw at room temperature.