I was going to call these Grill Fries, but that just doesn’t make any sense at all! Right!? After all, they aren’t fried.
What they are though, is crispy, and damn tasty! They’re actually really easy to make. The trick is to not put too many wedges on the grill at one time, or you WILL burn them. Then the word crispy takes on a whole new meaning. And it ain’t good!
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Spike seasoning
Note: you can use any spices you want, I really like the Spike seasoning found in most grocery stores.
- Clean and wash your potatoes, then cut them into 16 lengthwise wedges. I cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half, then each quarter in half. Then cut each of those one more time and you get 16 wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and spice together. Now brush this onto all the surfaces of the wedges and put them into a microwave safe container.
- Microwave on high for approximately 3 1/2 minutes to get them close to being done, but not quite fully cooked. Stir the wedges at every minute interval. Test them with a fork periodically.
- Lay the wedges directly on the grill over a medium hot grill. Only put as many on at a time that you feel you can flip quickly. Too many, and they'll start burning. Each side cooks to a perfect crispiness in about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.