This is my all time favorite way to eat oatmeal. I typically make a nice hearty breakfast on Sunday mornings. It’s either eggs with chorizo, or maybe eggs with smoked ham, or I make up some hot cereal like oatmeal or grits!
I have to put fruit in my oatmeal though. It makes it so much better. Last time I got my hands on some dried figs and used the figs with my oatmeal. But my favorite fruit in oatmeal is without a doubt strawberries. That is when I can get good fresh strawberries here in Wisconsin during the winter months.
So here you go. It just doesn’t get much simpler than this.
- 4-5 medium fresh strawberries
- Old Fashioned Oats (Not the instant kind)
- Going by the directions on the back of the Oatmeal container, put the water into your sauce pan for a single serving. Before you start boiling the water, cut the tops off the strawberries, then cut them in half. Place them into the bowl you'll be using for the oatmeal.
- Now start your water boiling, and follow the directions on the container for the rest.
- I add a little sugar, but of course, that's optional.