My wife made this delicious cake for our fourth wedding anniversary this past August 1st. Of course, she knows me very well, and knows how much I love peanut butter. Yep, I’m a damn lucky man!!
Not sure exactly where, but she found this recipe somewhere online a while back. I won’t claim it, but I’ll certainly pass it along so all my readers can give it a try and enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, and sugar. Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, cream peanut butter and butter. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla; mix until smooth. Frost cake.
- For drizzle, combine sugar and cocoa, and add milk. Pour into a small plastic bag with small hole cut in corner and drizzle over frosting.