Cranberries have been very popular lately. In fact, I’ve even added them to chicken burgers. Cranberries added to chocolate is yet another great combination of flavors when added with chocolate, and this bread is no exception. Man, is this ever tasty.
You gotta give this one a try! Chocolate bread with a bunch of chocolate chips means a ton of chocolate and cranberries! What more can you ask for when you’re looking for this combination?
Double Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 milk (any kind)
- 1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Whisk cocoa powder into the butter while it is still warm, making sure to fully dissolve it. Allow butter to cool for several minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter mixture and the sugar. Whisk in the egg and the vanilla until smooth. Stir in half of the flour mixture, followed by the milk. Add in the remaining flour mixture and stir until just all the dry ingredients are combined and no streaks of flour remain. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into even layer.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn the loaf out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, you can top with a chocolate glaze. Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa. Stir in milk until consistency desired.