Man oh man is this bread ever tasty! I love the big chocolate chips in it, but most of all, I love that chocolate and peanut butter swirl mixed through the bread. It’s like a bite of peanut buttery fudge.
This one is a must try recipe if you like peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (any variety), plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a standard-size loaf pan (or three mini loaf pans) and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and cook for about 1 minute on high heat, stopping to stir every 20 seconds. Mix until completely combined and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until fluffy and light. Add the egg and beat another 2 minutes. Mix in the bananas, lemon juice, vanilla, and water, stirring until combined.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, and salt on top of the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan, then layer the chocolate/peanut butter mixture on top of it (try not to let it touch the sides of the pan). Pour the remaining batter on top, then use a knife to gently swirl the layers. Sprinkle the extra chocolate chips on the top and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly (it might have some chocolate on it, but it shouldn't have banana bread batter on it). Let cool for 20 minutes, then remove from pans. Enjoy!