My wife and I were at a neighborhood party a couple weeks ago and this pie was brought by one of the party guests. I thought it was so awesome, my wife, (always thinking), got the recipe and made for me a couple weeks later for my birthday.
Mmmmm mmmm! I just had to pass this recipe along to my readers.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- pastry shell
- Slice and arrange half of the strawberries in baked pastry shell.
- Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. (About 10 minutes).
- Stirring constantly, pour mixture over berries in pastry shell.
- Chill for several hours before serving.