I’ve been havin’ a hankerin’ for some smoked beef lately. And I’ve also been itchin’ to smoke something that I could use my special spice rub on. I won’t tell you exactly what’s in the rub, but I can tell you it’s a sweet rub that’s based mostly on powdered honey, and has plenty of other good flavors thrown in there like celery, lemon, garlic……
I cut up a nice 1 pound beef top round steak into cubes, marinated it, rubbed it, then smoked it to a tender, melt in your mouth perfection! Are ya hungry yet?
Spice Crusted Smoked Beef Nuggets
- 1 lb. beef top round steak
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut your steak into bite sized pieces and place them into a sealable container.
- Mix together the vinegar and oil and pour over the steak. Seal the container and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours (Or overnight)
- Once the meat is fully marinated, prepare your smoker and bring the smoker temperature up to 250° F. I used pecan wood for this cook.
- Once the temperature regulates, place the beef nuggets on a grill screen, and then place the screen on the smoker rack. This should take approximately 50 minutes to cook to a tender perfection.