The added smoke flavor gives this bread such an amazingly delicious taste! I used apple wood on it, and it just puts a subtle flavor of smoke into the loaf.
With the added butter, powdered Ranch dressing, and a full half cup of cheddar cheese, this has gotta be one of the best breads I’ve ever tasted! I’m very very pleased at how this turned out. Give it a try, you won’t be sorry you did.
Smoked Ranch & Cheddar Bread
- 1 loaf Pillsbury rustic French Bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 envelope Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- 1) Unroll the unbaked loaf of bread.
- 2) Brush the entire surface lightly with butter. Sprinkle the Ranch dressing mix over the entire surface. Now sprinkle with the cheddar cheese to completely cover.
- 3) Roll tightly and cut 3 half-inch slashes on the top of the dough. Place the bread on greased aluminum foil, seam side down.
- 4) Now get the smoker going. I used apple wood for this, because I wanted it to have a mild smoke flavor. You'll want to bring the smoker up to around 300 degrees F.
- 5) Once the smoker settles in around 300, place the bread (on the foil), in the smoker, and cook it for 50 minutes. Start checking it at about 40 minutes. I used the tooth pick method for checking. You know, if it comes out clean, it's done!
Here’s how the bread looked on the smoker just before I took it off!