This shaved beef on the smoker makes a delicious sandwich, or is even pretty damn tasty alone as a snack!
My wife had bought some shaved black angus beef for sandwiches a while back, but it just had no flavor at all when I made sandwiches with it. I tried all the usual condiments and added sliced onions, but it still wasn’t very tasty. So, my wife suggested I put it on the smoker next time I’m smoking something. I did, and it turned out absolutely awesome!
Well, I just bought some more and smoked it up again. This time, I added a little spice to it. Give this a try, and you’ll find yourself making it over and over again. This will be an awesome snack for the football season parties!
Smoked & Dried Shaved BlAngus Beef
- 1 lb. shaved Black Angus beef (From the Deli)
- Your favorite spice mixture
- Place the shaved beef in an aluminum baking pan, or a sheet of aluminum foil with the edges turned up. Spread it around to allow the smoke to get to as much of the beef as possible.
- Sprinkle your favorite spice mixture lightly on the beef. Place into the smoker at approximately 250° F. I used peach wood for the smoke to give it a nice mild smoke flavor.
- Smoke for approximately 1 hour. The beef should start drying out some, but don't let it get too dry, or it will start getting crispy!