Another old family favorite. My wife has been making this one for her Dad for quite a while. He always seems to enjoy it immensely! I must admit, I’m not a big sauerkraut fan myself.
If you’re one of those sauerkraut lovers, then you’re gonna be lovin’ this. Check out the ingredients. It’s different!
This was adapted from an older Pillsbury cookbook published back in 2000.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 slices seeded rye bread, cubed (5 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 lb. thinly sliced cooked corned beef, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup Russian salad dressing
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray 12 x 8 inch (2 quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Place bread cubes evenly in bottom of sprayed baking dish. Spread sauerkraut evenly over bread. Layer corned beef over sauerkraut. Pour dressing over corned beef. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish.
- Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted.