Panakuchen, or as mentioned in a comment from a woman from Germany, Pfannkuchen.
My wife has been talking about making these for a while now, and finally decided to make them this past weekend. They turned out real nice, but just take care to coat the pan well, because they stuck to the pan a bit.
This recipe was taken from cooks.com.
Panakuchen ~ German Apple Pancakes
- 1 apple
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In each of 2 (9 inch) round pans, melt 2 Tablespoons butter and coat bottom and sides of pan too. Thinly slice one apple and arrange in a swirl on pan bottom.
- In a small deep bowl, beat batter ingredients for 1 minute.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into each pan of apples.
- Sprinkle the topping ingredients on top of each pan of batter.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown. 20 to 25 minutes.