My wife came across a recipe on Facebook for filling scoop shaped chips and baking them in the oven. After looking into this idea further, we saw that there were many varieties on this idea. Obviously a great idea that’s become very popular now. So, of course, we had to try it out with our favorite idea for a filling.
We kept it nice and simple. The one I’m showing is very simple, but you can also add your favorite salsa into the meat as my wife did. (As you can see on the plate in the picture above). I didn’t do this we this recipe, but I think adding refried beans to the meat would also be very tasty!
- Scoop shaped chips
- 1 lb. hamburger
- Taco Seasoning (Your Favorite)
- Shredded Cheese (Mexican Mix)
- Red Onion (Diced)
- Salt to Taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- In a skillet, fry the hamburger and drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and salt to taste. (We used Taco Bell brand). NOTE - At this time, you could add in salsa, refried beans, or any other ingredient you think would be awesome!)
- Fill the scoops with the meat mixture and sprinkle enough cheese to cover the top of the meat mixture. Place them on a baking sheet,
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and place onions on top of the filled scoops.
- This will fill about 4 dozen chips.