If you’ve read my blog for a while, you know how much I love pulled pork. And especially LEAN pulled pork. I’m a big meat eater, and I believe eating meat is very healthy, you just need to cut out as much of the fat that you can.
This is a lean center cut pork roast that we slow cooked in the oven. Once again, a new marinade is used. My wife and I are always experimenting with new flavors, and I think we found another real winner with this one.
Orange Pineapple Pulled Pork
- 2 lb center cut pork roast
- 1 can 100% orange pineapple frozen concentrate (thawed, no water added))
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- Rinse and trim most of the fat cap off of the roast.
- Combine the marinade ingredients together (without adding the water to the concentrated juice), and microwave on high for 30 seconds to allow the five spice to dissolve into the liquids.
- Because the fat cap has mostly been removed, inject the marinade into the pork roast until it won't hold anymore juices. Place the roast and the remaining marinade into a ziploc baggie and marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Once fully marinated, bake the roast at 300°F for 3 hours.
- Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Pull the roast and then create the standard gravy from the pan drippings using flour, and add gravy to the pulled meat as required.