Here is my absolute favorite marinade for salmon. Usually when I make salmon, I will make a new marinade to try, but I will make another piece with this recipe at my wife’s request.
You can find the entire cooking instructions for the salmon using this recipe at “Smoked Maple Marinated Salmon“.
Maple & Spice Salmon Marinade
- 2 lb. salmon fillet (with skin), about 1-inch thick
- 1 cup maple syrup (100% pure maple only)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix the maple syrup, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper and salt together thoroughly. Set this a side while you prepare the salmon.
- You don’t have to, but I’m cutting the 2 lb. fillet I bought in half. It’s much easier to work with this way. Especially for the marinating process. Now put the fillets, skin side up, in a container just big enough to hold the fillets and pour the marinade over it. Seal the container and refrigerate this over night.