I love salmon. Lemon always seems to go very well with salmon. My wife threw in some Dijon mustard into the marinade this time to change up the flavor. I must say that was a great idea! And topping it off with a nice light seasoning proved to be the perfect touch.
Try out this recipe for yourself. This is truly salmon done right!
Lemon Mustard Baked Salmon
- 2 to 3 lbs. salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Hickory Liquid Smoke
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Mrs. Dash seasoning (to taste)
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a sealable container.
- Remove the skin from the salmon, rinse and place into the container with the marinade. Put this into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and discard the unused marinade. Place the salmon in a baking pan and season both sides of the salmon to taste with the garlic powder and the Mrs. Dash.
- Cook for 30 minutes in a preheated 450° F oven.