A nice and easy meal with an Italian spice base. Quick and easy to make for a delicious supper. You can do as we did and make up some spaghetti and serve it right on top of a bed of the spaghetti! Throw some garlic bread in the oven, and you have a complete and delicious dinner!
Italian Spiced Baked Chicken
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. (Grated)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crumb mix ingredients together. Place eggs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip the chicken breast into the crumbs, then into the eggs, and then into the crumbs again. Repeat with all 4 chicken breasts.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken breasts until golden brown. (About 5 to 6 minutes).
- Place the browned chicken breasts into a 13 x 9 baking dish, pour the spaghetti sauce over the chicken breasts and top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover the baking dish and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 40 minutes.