My wife was feeling creative this past weekend, so we both came up with our own burgers again. Once again, we went the healthy route and used ground turkey for these.
Okay, I have to be honest, I had some ideas, but as we talked more, her idea for mine was better, so… okay, okay, both the burgers were my wife’s creation. She’s really good at this!
I’ll start with her original idea and present the idea she had for a burger based on Chinese food flavors. And I must say, they are mighty tasty and very full of flavor.
Grilled Sweet & Sour Turkey Burger
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1/4 C. sweet sour sauce (found in Asian cooking section)
- 1/2 C. rice or chow mein noodles
- Mix the ground turkey and sweet sour sauce together, then carefully mix in the noodles. Now shape into four patties.
- Note: The noodles will not stay crispy, but they add a subtle flavor and help the burger keep it’s shape.
- Get your grill going. You’ll want a low to medium hot grill for these. They cook very quickly, and since they’re very lean, they can get over-cooked just as quickly, so be careful. They should only take about 5 minutes per side.
- Serves 4