Okay, I got carried away with this one! Just jump down and take a quick look at the ingredients. Does that amount of cheese for 4 burgers seem excessive? That’s because it is. That’s me, excessive and obsessive with putting just a bit too much spice, cheese, sauce, or whatever it happens to be that day.
No apologies. I like the way I am. So, what we have here is a burger that’s excessively oozing cheese. And maybe even one or two of the (too many onions) I stuck inside there popping out when you bite into it.
So, make it just the way I designed it, and you’ll be (should I use the word again?) excessively glad you did!
Grilled & Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup onions (diced)
- 4 strips thick cut bacon (fried)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fry up your four strips of bacon. Break each of them up into four pieces. Dice your onions and measure out your cheese. Now mix the bacon, onions and cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
- Make 8 thin patties from the ground beef. Take 1/4 of your stuffing mixture and pile it on top of one of the thin patties. Lay another thin patty on top and close the edges completely together.
- Note: I know it will be difficult to squeeze it all in, but when you bite into this oozing mess, you’ll be glad you worked so meticulously at it!
- Put these on a medium hot grill. They won’t take long to cook since the patties themselves are pretty thin. I’d say, (depending on your grill), about 5 to 10 minutes. Take them off, salt and pepper to taste, and have fun!
- Makes 4 burgers
Here’s what they looked like on the grill. Mine held together quite nicely!