What an awesome marinade for salmon. This adds such a deliciously sweet flavor to the salmon. And of course, grilling with charcoal always adds a nice flavor to whatever you have on the grill.
So, make up this marinade with some salmon fillets, get the grill going, and make those taste buds start jumpin’ for joy!
Grilled Orange Juice Salmon
- 3 lbs. salmon fillets
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: Remove the skin from the salmon fillets. (I generally remove the skin before marinating, but you can also very easily remove the skin with a spatula about 2 minutes after putting the fillets on the grill). Or you can certainly grill with the skin on if you prefer.
- Place the fillets into a plastic bag and set aside.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave on high for 15 seconds. This allows the powdered spices to mix with the liquids better. Pour the marinade into the bag with the salmon. Remove all the air and seal the bag. Place it into the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Get a medium hot grill going and place the fillets directly over the coals. Note: You can use a separate screen with smaller holes to keep the fish from falling through the grate, or I use a fish basket.
- Grill until just done. To help know when it's done, the internal temperature of the fish at it's thickest part should be about 135° F.