We do a lot of burgers using ground chicken and turkey at our house. I still have to have a good old beef burger now and then, but these days, I try to eat healthier. But then, there are a lot of leaner ground beef choices these days!
This recipe was inspired by a visit from my wife’s two sisters. Her sister Diane mentioned that Wheat Thins was making a limited edition lime flavored cracker, and her sister Linda brought us some fresh avocados from their California grove. It sounded like a great combination to spice up a chicken burger, so my wife used this inspiration to once again get creative! And once again, it paid off big time with a delicious and unique burger recipe. And it’s healthy too! Perfect, right?!
Grilled Avocado Chicken Burger
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 ripe California grown avocado, cut in small chunks
- 2/3 cup crushed lime flavored Wheat Thins (if I can’t find Wheat Thins, next time, I will use crushed lime flavored tortilla chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Mix the chopped avocado, crushed wheat thins, cilantro and garlic separately.
- Combine this with the ground chicken breast. Form into 4 to 5 patties.
- Get a medium hot grill going and place the burgers on the grill. You only need to flip them once. These should cook quickly. Approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun with a slice of tomato.