I’m so sad! This is the very last of my venison. Must. Find. More!
I was given a beautiful rump roast from a friend of mine a month ago, and I cut this steak out of it and put it into the freezer for just this reason. I’ve marinated it in something I hoped would be very tasty, and I was more than pleasantly surprised. Of course, it also helped to not over cook this.
I mixed sweet and savory for this, and as I said above, it worked out very well. I love the sweeter marinades, but I also love garlic flavor in a venison steak.
Grilled Apple Cinnamon Marinated Venison Steak
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 3 to 5 minutes
- 8 oz. venison steak
- 1/2 can frozen concentrate apple juice (6 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Microwave on high for 15 seconds to allow the cinnamon to dissolve.
- Put the steak into a sealable container and pour the marinade over it. Marinade for at least 8 hours.
- Grill the steak over a medium hot grill. This won't take long, as venison cooks quickly.
- Note: To grill venison - Sear the steak on one side, then flip it and cook the steak without flipping it again. Venison is extremely lean, so it won't take but maybe 3 to 5 minutes to be done. (Depending on how hot your grill is.) Please don't over cook it. It should be nice and pink in the center!
Here’s a look at it just before I took it off the grill. Pretty appetizing wouldn’t you say?