Here’s a recipe that was given to us from my wife’s sister; Linda. She said that every time she makes it, it’s always a big hit. And I believe it after making it and eating it this weekend.
The salsa makes it as far as I’m concerned. That’s where all the flavor comes from. But then, it also helps that I love all kinds of beans, and especially black beans. So, if you’re a big bean lover as I am, give this a try. I’d love to hear what you thought of it.
Just a note: There are choices for your personal preference in this recipe. We made this with smoked turkey sausage, and we used mild Pace Picante sauce. Of course, you can make this as hot as you like.
Four Bean Salsa & Sausage Soup
- 1 lb. smoked sausage (cut into bite sized pieces)
- (2) 15 oz. cans pinto beans (undrained)
- (2) 15 oz. cans white beans (undrained)
- (2) 15 oz. cans black beans (undrained)
- (2) 15 oz. cans kidney beans (undrained)
- 28 ounces salsa
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Grated Jack and Cheddar Cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Flour tortillas
- Place the soup ingredients in a crock pot, stir and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Garnish with all or any of the cilantro, cheese and chips.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.
- Makes 8 full servings