Here’s another one from my daughter Misty. She may be living across the ocean in northern England, but we’re still as close as ever. Gotta love Skype!
She made this dairy free ice cream and loved it, so she sent me the recipe along with a photo of the results.
Dairy Free Quick Ice Cream
This recipe makes makes one serving per recipe. (One large bowl)
- 1 mango
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup juice (orange, pineapple, cranberry...)
- 1 Tbsp goat's yogurt (optional)
- Cut mango and banana into pieces, or small chunks and place in a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer over night.
- Take the fruit pieces out of the freezer and put into a food processor or use a hand held blender. Add some juice. Blend until it gets too thick. Add more juice. Blend again until it gets too thick. Keep doing this until it's the consistency of soft serve ice cream. (You may end up using more juice depending on how ripe your fruit pieces are).
- If using, add yogurt and mix thoroughly.