If you’re a fan of coleslaw, you ‘ll love this one. Not your average slaw, because this is made with broccoli rather than with cabbage. Throw in some fruit and nuts, and you have a salad to die for!
My wife put this one together to go on top of a cranberry marinated pulled beef sandwich we made. However, it actually works very well as a salad to accompany just about anything. It’s mighty tasty, and I believe you’ll agree with me when you give it a try!
- 4 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup cranberries (halved)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 oranges (each segment cut in thirds)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1 large apple (cubed)
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Mix the halved cranberries and the sugar together, and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- After cranberries are sweetened, combine all the salad ingredients together in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Mix the dressing into the salad.