There are so many things you can do with these roll up pre-made doughs. All you have to do is get creative with fillings and toppings. That’s where my wife comes in.
The first time, she put together this Asiago Parmesan Spiced Bread, and I cooked that one on the smoker. Then she put together a Ranch & Cheddar Bread, and I smoked that one too.
This time, she put together a simple sweet combination with sliced apples, rolled it all up, baked it, and then iced it. Delicious!
Cinnamon Apple Sweet Bread
- 1 loaf Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread
- 1 medium apple (recommend Golden Delicious)
- 1 Tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Unroll the bread dough and coat the side facing up with the melted butter. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar on the buttered surface.
- Thinly slice the apple and place the slices in a single layer on the brown sugar. Sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 to 28 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar and milk together. Add more milk as needed to gain the proper consistency.
- After the bread cools, drizzle the icing over the bread.