Here’s something my wife makes for her Dad every now and then that she got some years back from her Aunt.
It’s a meal in one. A split hot dog with mashed potatoes (which are loaded with bacon and green onions) on top and then topped with shredded cheddar cheese. And to top that off, it’s crisped up in the broiler. Mighty tasty!
So, check it out. Here’s how it’s done!
Cheesy Mashed Potato Hot Dog
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 hot dogs
- 1 potato
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1 green onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil the hot dogs, and at the same time in a different pan, boil and mash your potato.
- Fry up the piece of bacon, and then cut it or tear it into small bite sized pieces.
- Chop up the green onion and put the bacon and the onion into the mashed potatoes and mix them together.
- Slice the hot dogs lengthwise and stuff them with the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle an ample amount of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the mashed potatoes and place these into an oven safe baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Place them into the preheated broiler until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and crisped. About 2 minutes. You'll want to watch them close so they don't burn!