These are sooo delicious tasting. They have a strong peanut butter taste with plenty of chocolate to make these sooo tasty!
This is not my original recipe, but I just had to share it along with a picture of how they turned out when my wife made them. This recipe was taken from About.com.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you really oughta give these a try!
Awesome Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips, (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats, quick cooking
- Grease and flour a 9x13x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or top of a double boiler over hot water.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with peanut butter; beat in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in oats. Press about 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Spread melted chocolate chips over the top. Crumble remaining peanut butter mixture over the melted chocolate. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 20 minutes.
- Makes about 24