My wife has once again come up with a simple potato side dish that’s quick and easy to make. They have just the right balance of spices, and the egg whites give them a nice light crispy outside.
Just take a look at that picture. They taste as good as they look!
So, let’s get to the recipe.
Basil & Oregano Baked Potatoes
4 Red Potatoes
Basil (to taste)
Oregano (to taste)
salt (to taste)
2 egg whites
1. Take the 4 potatoes and quarter them.
2. Separate the 2 egg whites and put that in a small bowl. Now add to the eggs, the olive oil and mix that together.
3. Thoroughly bush the potatoes with the egg and oil mixture and place them in a baking pan.
4. Sprinkle to taste all the surfaces of the potatoes with the basil oregano and salt.
5. Pop them into a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
That’s it. Serve them up and enjoy, because I know I sure did enjoy them. In fact, I think I may have eaten more than my share. Ooops!