My daughter who lives in England sent me her recipe for Gluten free banana bread she’s been making for a while now. She said she makes this quite often and has become a regular around their house.
So if you’re doing the gluten free thing, give her rendition of banana bread a try and see what you think!
Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour (self rising)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp oats (gluten free)
- 3 tsp sugar (demerara)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Put 1 tsp of margarine in the bottom of a bread pan and put it in the preheating oven.
- Mix the first three ingredients in a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. Make sure to mash the bananas although we've found leaving a few chunks makes a nice moist loaf which can be hard to find in gluten free bread!
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix with a spoon or fork. It's good not to over do the mixing part. Just make sure all the flour is mixed in. Fold in the nuts if you're using them.
- Take the pan out of the oven and mix the melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Pour the bread mix into the pan. Then mix the topping and spread over the top. After it's all evenly spread over the top of the bread push it into the bread just a little with the back of a spoon so it sticks. Bake for 50 minutes and then let cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.