I love bacon, and my favorite cheese is Asiago, so I stuffed them, along with some chopped onions into pork chops and grilled them up. Oh yea…very tasty!
The bacon flavor really came through over the others, which is exactly what I wanted. You can eat them with a fork, or just pick them up and eat them like a big pork taco!’
It’s a little messy on the grill until the cheese melts and holds the stuffing together, but you just have to be careful and use a grill screen rather than placing them directly on the grate.
Give it a try, it’s delicious!
Bacon and Asiago Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 thick boneless pork chops
Equal portions of:
- shredded asiago cheese
- chopped onions
- chopped (pre-cooked) bacon
- Cut a pocket into all 4 of the pork chops.
- Cook 3 slices of thick bacon. Don't over cook the bacon, as it will continue to cook just a bit more on the grill.
- Chop up the bacon, and in a bowl, combine it with equal parts of chopped onion and shredded asiago cheese. Now stuff this mixture into each pork chop and set aside.
- Prepare a cool grill and place the stuffed pork chops slightly upright, (to avoid spilling the stuffing), onto a grill screen which is placed on the grill grate. (See picture below).
- Once the cheese is melted and holds the stuffing together better, place the chops on their side and cook until the chops are just cooked through. You only need to flip them once to cook the other side. This shouldn't take long, but will depend on how thick your chops are.
Here’s what they looked like cooking on the grill.