I’m always looking for something different to do on the smoker. How about shrimp? Sure, why not!
I want these to be on the sweet side, but I want to just sweeten the already delicious flavor of the shrimp without over-powering the shrimp. And then on top of that, we’ll add the always delicious flavor of smoke. In this case, I’ve chosen apple to nicely compliment the cinnamon and spice.
So follow the recipe, and try these out for yourself!
Apple Smoked Cinnamon & Spice Shrimp
- 1/2 lb. large uncooked shrimp (16 - 20)
- 1/4 cup butter (I used 57% less fat Promise sticks)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Rinse shrimp and remove the entire shell, (including the tail), and place these into a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour over the shrimp to coat.
- Mix the cinnamon, ginger and cloves together thoroughly in a shaker. Coat the shrimp with a generous amount of the mixture and place into a container.
- Get your smoker set up and bring it up to 250° F. (Note: I used apple wood for this!) Once settled in at temperature, place the shrimp on a grill screen, or something similar, and place into the smoker. Maintain the 250° F temperature and cook for 20 minutes. Check them at 15 minutes. They should be getting very close to being done.