Here’s another one of my daughter’s favorite recipes. She’s been telling me about it for a while now, and finally made it again, snapped some pictures, and sent me the recipe! Ain’t she a sweetheart!?
So here it is. I know if she likes it as much as she keeps telling me, then you’ll like it too!
- 1 1/2 tsp Sage
- 1 clove of garlic, diced fine
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme leaves (1tsp)
- 1/2 tsp All purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops or pork steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- Mix spices in a bowl. Put about 1 Tablespoon of mixture aside. Coat each piece of pork front and back in the flour mixture.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Fry each piece of coated pork in the oil just until it's started to brown. Transfer the pork into a casserole type dish. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the other 1 Tablespoon of oil in a pan and add onions. Cook until just softened. Add the onions on top of the pork. Then layer the slices of apple on top of the onions.
- Add the sugar and apple juice to the rest of the flour mixture. Mix well then pour on top of the pork. Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how thick your pork chops or pork steaks are.