If you love that smoky flavor, you’re gonna go nuts for these smoked chocolate peanut clusters! The key here is not to over-smoke the chocolate!
The process is so incredibly simple, and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare, and 30 minutes to smoke.
Almost everyone I gave samples to loved it. In fact, some kept coming back for more! So follow the recipe, and give it a try for yourself!
Smoked Chocolate Peanuts Clusters
- 1 lb. block of milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- In a disposable 9 x 9 aluminum pan, break up the milk chocolate into medium sized pieces.
- Get your smoker going to around 150° F. You'll want to use a mild wood like oak or pecan. I used pecan wood. Place the pan of chocolate on the smoker rack.
- NOTE: The melting point of milk chocolate is 85° F.
- It takes about 10 minutes for the chocolate to melt to the point that you can stir it. Once melted and stirred, pour in the peanuts and thoroughly mix.
- For the next 20 minutes, about every 5 minutes, stir the chocolate around to help absorb more smoke. Remove from the smoker and place the pan in the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, break into bite sized pieces and enjoy. Don't forget to share!