Shrimp is excellent on the grill, but you have to be careful not to overcook it. If you do, then it can be tough and kind of repulsive! It will take only about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once it loses that translucent appearance, and becomes white, it’s done and ready to serve!
This is a simple recipe to give shrimp on the grill a try if you’ve never tried it before. Easy to prepare, and deliciously flavored! Just check out the picture above for an example of preparing your skewers. Nothing to it!
Grilled and Spiced Lime Shrimp
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp (31 - 40 count)
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Remove the shells from the raw shrimp and place the shrimp in a bowl. (NOTE: No need to rinse the shrimp. You'll only be removing flavor!)
- Mix all of the spice blend ingredients together and sprinkle over the shrimp. Thoroughly coat the shrimp. Seal the bowl and place the spiced shrimp in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and cut your lime into halves. Squeeze the lime halves over the shrimp and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Put the shrimp on skewers and set aside.
- Prepare a medium hot grill. Place the skewers over the coals, turning as needed. As soon as the shrimp no longer look translucent, they're done. (About 5 minutes). Remove and serve!