One of my favorite meats for grilling has always been sausage. I used one of my favorites for these skewers, but I had to order them from a company in Texas and have them shipped to me here in Wisconsin. I’m using the Meyers Elgin garlic links.
You can certainly use your own favorite brand sausage of course, but just thought I’d mention the kind I used. The good thing about sausage is it’s ready to go. The seasoning is already in there, so no need to spice or marinate.
You can also mix things up by using different veggies, but I think the onion and bell pepper added a nice bit of flavoring into the sausage as it cooked on the grill.
- 3 sausage links (Meyers brand or your favorite)
- Pearl onions
- Bell pepper
- Cut the sausage links in half lengthwise, then into 2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Cut up the bell pepper into about 2" square pieces and set aside.
- Skewer the sausage pieces, bell pepper pieces and pearl onions onto metal or wooden skewers, alternating the three ingredients. (Note: be sure to soak the skewers for about a half an hour if using wooden skewers).
- Get a medium hot grill going and place the prepared skewers on the grill directly over the fire. Turn frequently until done to your liking. This should take approximately 5 minutes.