I’m going to show you how to create your own sriracha sauce. Bottled sauces are good, but homemade, and made with fresh produce is always better!
In keeping with Smoked ‘n Grilled’s tradition of recipe creation, I put some of my favorite sauce ingredients together. I used ketchup and brown sugar to add that sweetness, and some soy sauce and Teriyaki sauce to compliment the Asian inspired sriracha sauce!
This sauce is guaranteed to bring a little sweat to your party goers when they take a bite of whatever you just grilled for them! Not to mention a great big smile to their sauce-smeared face!
- 3/4 pound fresh red jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 pound fresh red serrano peppers
- 1 cup tomato sauce (8 oz. can)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Grill Mates Chipotle & Roasted Garlic
- Remove the stems from the peppers and coarsely chop. Chop the garlic.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer covered, 10 to 15 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes minimum.